One of the best things about the weekend is being able to spend just a little more time on my skincare routine. Having been an awkward teenager with very sensitive skin, I’ve tended to go to the higher end products and I genuinely believe that has helped now I have some concerns about aging and wrinkles 😦
Several of my friends have asked about what I do to keep wrinkles, age spots and some of those other challenges at bay so here are my recommendations.
1) I do try to drink as much water as I can to keep hydrated. Believe me, I’m no saint here. I actually don’t like water that much so San Pellegrino is my go to choice.
2) Once a week I try to give my skin a cleanse using the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleasing Balm. I love this stuff! I was introduced to it by a great beauty guy at the BA Lounge in Terminal 7 JFK. So simple to do:
- Wet a face cloth with water as hot as you can stand and wring it out so that is wet and almost dripping – but not quite. Lay over your face to open up your pores.
- Apply the skin cleansing balm generously to your face and leave on for 5 minutes.
- Repeat the action with the face cloth, this time gently removing the face balm
3) I follow this up with a generous application of the La Mer Intensive Revitalizing Mask. I was introduced to this by a great La Mer consultant in Saks Fifth Avenue (Greenwich).
- Squeeze out a quarter sized blob into your palm. Press your palms together and hold up to your nose to inhale. Amazing aromatherapy effect.
- Use both palms to blot over face and neck. Instructions say leave on for 5-7 minutes but – on the advice of my consultant – I just let it soak in and leave on
No matter what has been going with my skin the previous week, this always make me feel great and my skin feel great. Neither of these products are cheap but they do last a long time with this frequency of use. I think that I may have had the Pro-Collagen cleansing balm for nearly a year and I just finished the first tube of La Mer Revitalizing mask after about 9 months.
I’m not going to go public with my age 🙂 but I genuinely think that my skin is in great shape considering my age and I’d recommend these products to anyone.